Wednesday 27 April 2011

Friends' Makes - Cockburn High School

I recently got chatting to the lovely Kath who works in the art department at Cockburn High School in Leeds.  She promised me she would send me pictures of the items that she and her students had made using some of my items.  Little did I know I would be in for such a treat...   just look at these works of art:


Make sure you click on the above picture for a glorious close-up (click twice and it gets even bigger!).  Any one of these pieces could happily sit in the window of a jewellery boutique.  The colours are beautiful and the combinations remind me of the work of Kandinsky (though they remind Kath of Klimt!)



And this is how they did it - carefully moulded canes of polymer clay in stunning colour combinations.  The ones with multi coloured circles are extruded through a square die and then stacked into 4x4 or 5x5 squares, then the canes are cut into slices, placed into some of my pendant settings, baked in place, and varnished for a gorgeous finish.

Just beautiful.  I really look forward to seeing what Kath and the girls come up with next!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Jasmin these are gorgeous! They are just what you would expect to pick up at a lovely little craft fair! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and may or may not get published. Please view our blog policy on www.jasminstudiocrafts.com/policies
If you have a specific issue you would like to discuss with us, please contact us at mail@jasminstudio.com and we will try our best to help.